Bok Choy Smoothie Recipe for Better Skin
Here’s a delicious smoothie recipe for better looking skin using bok choy and other healthy fruits and veggies.
It taste great and is full of nutrition to support a glowing complexion.
If you could make up this bok choy smoothie once or twice a week I’d be very surprised if you didn’t see a significant improvement in your skin’s appearance in a few weeks.
Feel free to vary it according to your own tastes but I would recommend trying the complete smoothie recipe at least once.
Here’s the ingredients and instructions for how to make this delicious smoothie recipe for healthier skin.
- 1 organic bok choy, soaked in hot water and vinegar and roughly chopped. Bok choy is rich in nutrients vitamins C and K, folate, potassium and selenium and particularly antioxidants carotenoids that protect your skin cells from free radical damage.
- 1 organic cucumber, chopped (if not organic, peel it to remove waxes and pesticides). Cucumber is an excellent source of skin improving silica and has a cooling effect that can reduce facial redness.
- 2 kiwifruit (cutting them in half and scooping out the beautiful green pulp with a teaspoon is much faster than trying to peel them). Kiwi is rich in vitamin C for collagen production and skin protection.
- Half a large or 1 small avocado. Avocados have healthy monounsaturated fats, protective vitamin E and a wealth of other important nutrients.
- 1 organic apple. Apples are rich in a variety of beneficial antioxidants, potassium and copper and have good levels of fiber for digestive health.
- 3 to 4 branches of organic parsley (or regular parsley soaked in hot water and vinegar), well chopped. Parsley is cleansing for your liver and kidneys. When these organs are working effectively there are less toxins for your skin to have to eliminate. It also contains high levels of vitamin K, vitamin C, beta carotene, minerals like copper and zinc and volatile oils with antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help with acne and blemishes.
- 1 heaped tablespoon of ground flaxseed (preferably organic) or a teaspoon of flaxseed oil. Flax is one of the richest sources of omega-3 alpha linolenic acid that promotes a beautiful complexion.
- 2 heaped tablespoons of desiccated coconut or 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Coconut, and particularly its oil, are high in lauric acid which has strong antifungal and antimicrobial properties. Take it regularly to keep your face feeling soft and looking youthful. Extra virgin coconut oil is also very effective as a topical treatment.
- A cup of real unflavored bio-live yogurt. True yogurt (not the sugary flavored kinds you most often see in supermarkets) is full of probiotics for healthy intestinal flora, which can also have a big bearing on your appearance.
- Half a cup of coconut water, almond milk, or organic milk if you tolerate it and a couple of ice cubes.
- Optional: A scoop of nutrient rich green powder, like Organifi Green Juice, will significantly increase the overall benefits of this smoothie.
How to Make a Bok Choy Green Smoothie
How well you need to chop up your ingredients will depend on the quality of your blender. A good one can be one of the most important pieces of equipment in your kitchen.
- To start, wash the bok choy, apple, cucumber and parsley well.
- This green smoothie will be easier to blend if you start with the bok choy and parsley pushed down to the blender base.
- Follow these with the ground flaxseed and desiccated coconut if you’re using them, or the oils and then the cucumber, avocado and apple on top.
- Next pour the yogurt and milk over these and blend until it’s all smooth.
- Drink immediately for the best taste and most nutritional value.
I hope you enjoy this bok choy smoothie recipe as much as I do. I’d really appreciate hearing what you think in the comments below if you make it up yourself.